Scheduling Online Events With Eventbrite
With in-person events and workshops being canceled and “social distancing” being promoted to help keep everyone safe during the current coronavirus outbreak, online events are a great way to continue providing content to your audience.
Below are instructions on how to schedule, or change a current event to, an online event through Eventbrite.
Scheduling an Online Event
- Fill out the Event Request Form as you would for a face-to-face meeting.
- Your event will be processed in the same way as a normal face-to-face event. In other words, your event will be created and passed back to you.
- Edit the event the same way that you would for a face-to-face meeting, adding the Basic Info and Details.
- In the Basic Info section, set the location to Online Event.
- In the Description section – be clear about when attendees will receive a link to join your event, what you’ll cover, and who’s speaking or presenting. Also, be specific about time zones.
- You’ll notice a new Digital Links section when you select Online Event as the location. This is where you’ll add the Zoom link.
- Attendees receive a link to your Digital Links page when they complete registration. They also receive reminders 48 hours before the event, 2 hours before the event, and when the event starts.
Updating an Existing Event to Online
To update an existing event to make it an online event, you’ll need to do a few things:
- Update the location within Eventbrite (Basic Info > Location – use the pencil icon to edit and select Online Event).
- Notify anyone who has already registered (Manage Attendees > Emails to Attendees).
- Add a link to your online content in the Digital Links section that was added when you changed the location to Online Event.
Here’s an example of a past online event: The Power of Your Story: Storytelling as Marketing
- Branding resources
- Any videos you use must be yours or adhere to Creative Common copyright licenses
More EIT Eventbrite Resources
For more information on this or other Eventbrite questions, please see our Eventbrite User Guide.
We’ve also got a running list of “Frequently Asked Questions,” which you can find on our Eventbrite FAQ page. (Note: you’ll need to log in to access the page.)
If you need help, please contact the EIT Help Desk at email@example.com.