Getting Started With Basecamp
Basecamp is a project management and collaboration tool. It is shared space that can be used for project management, file sharing, and group activities.
You can make your next extension project happen on-time with Basecamp’s tools. To-do lists keep you focused on what needs to be done. Team discussions ensure everyone is on the same page. Collaborative text documents help you create and organize documentation. The Basecamp project calendar will assist you with assigned deadlines and milestones for tasks associated with individuals on your team.
In addition, Basecamp 3 has Clientside, a tool to use Basecamp directly with your clients so that you can get client feedback without clients seeing anything that is not yet ready for them.
To get started:
- Request a sign in from the Extension Help Desk at email@example.com
- Create a basecamp/project
- Click the +New link
- Add people to your basecamp/project using the Add/Remove People under your new basecamp’s
- Best Practice to use firstname.lastname@example.org address and Countyname County in the Company field. This will make it easier to find and invite others to your basecamp.
- Please invite only people affiliated with North Carolina Cooperative Extension.
- If you are invited to basecamp in a group and you would like to be in a different group, please let the Extension Help Desk know. Being in a group makes it easier to invite people to even more basecamps/projects.
Please note that we ask that only Extension employees own/start/manage a basecamp
Basecamp offers live training – https://basecamp.com/classes