Hottest Extension Topics: What Should You Write About in September?
The September edition of our Hottest Extension Topics is here!
With everyone investing more time into online communication during the pandemic, we wanted to offer up some tips on what you may want to be posting about on your Extension sites. If we look back at the last 5 years of data (for all our sites), these were the posts that consistently drew the most traffic during the month of September, or were written in the month of September and became popular.
You’ll notice that many of the posts below are focused on lawn and garden questions and advice.
- Time to Seed Tall Fescue
- Does Your Lawn or Garden Need Lime?
- When Is the Best Time to Use Weed and Feed Fertilizers?
- What Causes Tomatoes to Crack?
- What Is a Green Tomato? Unripe Red or Its Very Own Variety??
- What is Making Webs in My Tree?
- Ten Most Common Trees
As we venture further into hurricane season, we also tend to see posts that address Hurricane Preparedness (or response) become very popular.
- Protective Measures of Beehives During Hurricanes
- Horses and Horse Farms: Hurricane Preparedness
- Disaster SNAP Benefits Approved for 31 N.C. Counties
NOTE: If a headline isn’t linked, it means the Post or Page has since been deleted or is currently unavailable.