Hottest Extension Topics: What Should You Write About in March and April?
We realize that it’s not always easy to come up with new ideas for fresh and engaging content, so we decided to put together this series of Hot Topic posts to help get you started.
If we look back at the last few years of Google Analytics data (for all our sites), these were the posts that consistently drew the most traffic during March and April or were written during March and April and became popular later. While some posts are no longer published, many still are and continue to thrive even years after being published.
There were three major categories that emerged in our top March and/or April posts:
1) What to Plant, When to Plant, How to Get Started
- When Is the Best Time to Use Weed and Feed Fertilizers?
- How Do I Grow Blueberries?
- What Are the Best Tomato Varieties?
- Tomato Planting Tips
- What is Organic Gardening? (no longer published)
2) Problems with Lawn & Garden Pests, Growth Issues
- What Causes Tomatoes to Crack?
- Why Are My Squash Rotting?
- Pest Alert: Ground Bees Active but Do Not Threaten People or Yards
- What’s Making This Hole in My Yard???
- Lawns Often Fertilized Too Soon or Too Late (no longer published)
- Caring for Damaged Centipede Lawns (no longer published)