Hottest Extension Topics: What Should You Write About in October?
We realize that it’s not always easy to come up with new ideas for fresh and engaging content, so we decided to put together this series of Hot Topic posts to help get you started.
If we look back at the last 5 years of data (for all our sites), these were the posts that consistently drew the most traffic or were written and became popular during the month of October.
Many of our popular October posts focus on what to plant right now (and for the Spring):
- What is the Best Evergreen for Screening?
- When Do I Plant Spring Flowering Bulbs?
- Time to Plant Onions and Garlic
Topics addressing Hurricane Preparedness (or response) always seem to draw interest this time of year:
- Protective Measures of Beehives During Hurricanes
- Horses and Horse Farms: Hurricane Preparedness
- Disaster SNAP Benefits Approved for 31 N.C. Counties
These (once) popular posts are no longer available, but might be a good idea to re-write and post to your site!
- Bradford Pear, A Mixed-Blessing in the Landscape
- How to Recycle Plastic Planters and Containers
- How to Control Aphids in Vegetable Crops
- Can Too Much Mulch Kill My Plants?