Best Practices for Public Extension Calendar Use
N.C. Cooperative Extension uses NC State G Suite Calendars to post events to our web sites.
Below are some best practices for using these calendars. Following these best practices will insure that all events entered on calendars will follow a similar format and will help our web sites be easier to use and to appear more professional.
- Use Title Case when entering the Event Title. Do NOT USE ALL CAPS in the title.
- Enter a physical address in the location field: ie. 512 Brickhaven Dr, Raleigh NC 27606. This is so that the Google Maps mapping function can properly map the location of your event. You can click on the “Map” link when entering an event to check this mapping for accuracy. You can also check this after you have entered your event.
- You can include additional location information in the description including Building name, room location or any other directions which may be helpful.
- Be sure to fully describe your event in the description field. Include any information that would let people know what this event is all about. Make sure to include important keywords in the description to help with search results.
- Include Contact information including name, email, phone or any other contact information in the description field.
- If available, include a URL to a page with more information on the event. This might also be an opportunity to use the NC State GoLinks application. This application is a URL shortener which can turn a long URL into a shorter one. Check out http://go.ncsu.edu for more information on GoLinks.
If you have any questions about how to use your County Google Calendar, please talk with your IM Agent about training or contact the EIT Help Desk for additional support.