ActiveCampaign Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
This FAQ is to help answer questions related to using Extension’s ActiveCampaign application.
How Can I Add Contacts to ActiveCampaign?
To add a contact within ActiveCampaign, go to Contacts on the left and then click the Add a Contact button in the upper right. This works well for adding a single contact. If you are adding multiple contacts, you may want to use the Import button instead.
What if I Get a Message Stating “Email Address Already Exists in the System?”
Because we are a shared system for all of Extension, sometimes contacts that are new to your county are already in the system but not yet on your county’s List. In that case, you may receive a message that the “Email address already exists in the system.” To add these individuals to your county’s List, you can use the Import function.
- Select the Import button.
- Then click the Copy & Paste option.
- Enter the email address that you would like to add and then click Next.
- Under Select Lists, be sure to select your county’s List.
- Finally, be sure to check “Update existing contacts” while importing.
What’s the Difference Between Unsubscribing Someone and Deleting Them?
When a contact is unsubscribed, the contact remains on your list. You will still be able to edit their contact record and export their information. However, they will no longer receive your emails.
When you delete a contact, it will delete them from EVERY list you have access to. Also, once a contact is deleted, they cannot be recovered.
For more detailed information, see our Should You Unsubscribe or Delete Contacts in ActiveCampaign? News post.
How Can I Add a Service Mark Symbol to My Campaign?
The easiest way for Mac Chrome or Safari browser users to add a Service Mark℠ or most other special characters would be to position the cursor where you want it, right-click, and choose Emoji’s and Symbols. There is an emoji group called “Letter like symbols” and you will find the service mark there.
You can also copy the service mark and paste it into your campaign.
How Can I Ensure That My Campaign is Mobile-Friendly? Many Readers See My Newsletter on Their Phones
- Keep images 400 to 650 pixels wide – To resize, adjust it under the options tab
- Use Alt Text. To do this, click the image and add the Alt Text to the image section. This is also important for accessibility.
- Use image blocks instead of inserting an image into a text block. This will help to ensure that text will wrap around your image properly
- Use spacer widget to create white space around content and images
- For additional information, please see ActiveCampaign’s Designing mobile-friendly emails page.
How Can I Import Contacts So They Already Have a Tag?
- Determine the tag that you would like to use. If the tag does not yet exist, create them from our ActiveCampaign landing page.
- From the Contacts section in ActiveCampaign, click Import in the upper right.
- If you are adding only a few contacts, you may want to select Copy & Paste Your Contacts.
- Enter the information that you have about the contacts with a comma between each field and add the tag to the fields.
- Click Next and match up the information that you entered.
- Then select the List.
- Be really sure to click Update Existing.
- Note: Only one tag can be used per import.
- If you are looking to import a larger list, you can use our CSV import template.
- Note: When adding the tags you would like included with each contact, make sure you have it EXACTLY as it appears in ActiveCampaign. Doing a copy/paste of the tag name could help ensure it appears EXACTLY the same.
- Note: Make sure when importing, you check the box to add the contacts to your list AND check the box to update existing contacts.
When you are happy with the field mapping, click Import Now in the lower right.
How Can I Add Someone Who Does Not Have an Email Address to My Contacts? Isn’t Email a Required Field?
In the email field, use the format firstname.lastname@example.org where the numbers are some random something that is unique to that individual. Any email sent to this email address will not be delivered to the contact. These contacts will be on your list but will not be active because they will not receive emails from you since they have no deliverable address.
How Can I Share Newsletter Images With Others in My Office?
Create a Google Share Drive for this purpose and store your image files there.
To create new Shared Drives, from Google Drive, right-click on Shared Drives. Select Create.
How Can I Get Copies of All of the Campaigns Sent From My List?
- Select Lists from the menu on the left.
- Select Advanced Settings from the drop-down menu next to your list.
- Add your email address in the section Send copies of campaigns to.
- This option is probably best paired with an email filter.
How Can I Receive Unsubscribe Notifications?
If you would like to receive a notification each time someone unsubscribes from your list, you add an email address to the Send Unsubscribe Notifications To box under Lists > Advanced Settings. This option is probably best paired with an email filter.
How Can I Make Sure That I Have the Most Up-to-Date Contact Information?
Some counties have expressed an interest in doing regular list clean up. One way to approach this is to use a subscription update form. This form can be used to ask contacts to update their information, such as email address, name, and postal address.
For more information about this option, please see Subscription Update Form.