Technology to Do List for New County Extension Employees
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
- Find out who your county computer contact(s) are. They can help with all the rest of these tasks. EIT Information Management Agent, Kyleen Burgess (email@example.com) will contact you to follow up.
- Learn your Unity ID and password. You will receive an email (at the email address you applied with) from the NC State Onboarding Office with this information.
- Change your unity password and update your remote identification questions.
- Enroll in Google and University two factor authentication. New employees have 14 days from their first login.
- Change your Mac password (if using a county mac system)
- Request an NC State email alias. NC State email aliases are usually “firstname.lastname@example.org.”
- Configure your Email
- Know how to read, send, print and save email messages.
- Learn your county’s web site URL. County URLs are “county.ces.ncsu.edu”
- Verify and update your contact information and Update Your Image in the Extension Employee Database. While there, select your Area(s) of Responsibility. These details and your image are used on your county website and on your directory and WordPress profile pages.
- Update your contact information in the NC State Directory
- If you will be the Local Foods contact person for a county, please refer to Local Food Resources.
- Familiarize yourself with the Extension Learning Management System
- Familiarize yourself with MyPack Portal. Your administrative support person in your office is a great resource to assist you in learning about MyPack Portal. If you do not have access to MyPack portal please contact your District Administrative Assistant.
- WolfTime is where you submit your leave and see your balances. Questions concerning your leave benefits, such as Family Medical Leave, leave payout, shared leave, etc. can be directed to Extension Personnel’s Benefits Assistant/Leave Administrator.
- The Travel Center can be accessed here. This is where you submit your mileage and travel reimbursements. You may talk to your administrative assistant for more information on how to access and use the travel system.
- Payroll and compensation will allow you to view your paycheck stubs and access your W-2. Any questions concerning payroll can be discussed with Stacey Jordan, Extension Human Resources Specialist.
- Benefit Details will allow you to access your benefits, such as your health, dental, vision, 401(k) and retirement. Should you have questions concerning your benefits please contact Steve Norris, Benefits Coordinator in Extension Human Resources.
- Create an eXtension account at connect.extension.org this will allow you to connect with other extension employees nationally (optional)
During your first month in N.C. Cooperative Extension, you should:
- Order an NC State Wolfpack One Debit/Mastercard ID card
- Develop a basic understanding of the operating system you are using
- Become familiar with your county web site application
- Learn more about Communicating with your new Communities. See Technology Tips for New Employees
- Update your areas of responsibilities in the Employee Area(s) of Responsibility Database and find your colleagues.
- Familiarize yourself with NC State’s NC State’s Social Media Best Practices and think about how you might use social media to reach your extension audiences.
- Order Business Cards with your email@example.com email and website (YourCounty.ces.ncsu.edu or your personal home page) – Contact your District Extension Director’s Office to order, as the first set of 500 is paid for by Extension Administration. Your administrative support staff member can help you with the ordering process.
- Check out extension’s content and issue portals and subscribe to our websites’ news by email.