Technology to Do List for New County Extension Employees
El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.
Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.
English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.
Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.Collapse ▲
- Find out who your county computer contact(s) are. They can help with all the rest of these tasks. If you have any questions, please contact the EIT Help Desk by calling 919-513-7000, or emailing (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Learn your Unity ID and password. You will receive an email (at the email address you applied with) from the NC State Onboarding Office with this information. Update your remote identification questions and then change your unity password.
- Enroll in Google and University two-factor authentication. New employees have 14 days from their first login.
- Change your Mac password (if using an EIT-managed Mac)
- Request an NC State email alias. NC State email aliases are usually “email@example.com.” Next, configure your Email.
- Go to your county’s website URL. County URLs are “county.ces.ncsu.edu.” Verify and update your contact information and Update Your Image in the Extension Employee Database. While there, select your Area(s) of Responsibility. These details and your image are used on your county website and on your Extension directory and WordPress profile pages. Be sure to look yourself up in the Extension Directory to make sure your entry looks the way you expect.
- Update your contact information in the NC State Directory
- Familiarize yourself with MyPack Portal. Your administrative support person in your office is a great resource to assist you in learning about MyPack Portal. If you do not have access to MyPack portal please contact your District Administrative Assistant.
- WolfTime is where you submit your leave and see your balances. This is also where you submit work hours if required by your position. Questions concerning your leave benefits, such as Family Medical Leave, leave payout, shared leave, etc. can be directed to Extension Personnel’s Benefits Assistant/Leave Administrator.
- The Travel Center can be accessed here. This is where you submit your mileage and travel reimbursements. You may talk to your administrative assistant for more information on how to access and use the travel system.
- Payroll and compensation will allow you to view your paycheck stubs and access your W-2. Any questions concerning payroll can be discussed with Stacey Jordan, Extension Human Resources Specialist.
- Benefit Details will allow you to access your benefits, such as your health, dental, vision, 401(k) and retirement. Should you have questions concerning your benefits please contact Steve Norris, Benefits Coordinator in Extension Human Resources.
During your first month in N.C. Cooperative Extension, you should:
- Order an NC State Wolfpack One Debit/Mastercard ID card
- Develop a basic understanding of the operating system you are using.
- Familiarize yourself with the Extension Learning Management System (XLMS). XLMS is where you will find and register for in-service workshops and trainings.
- Use XLMS to sign up for ActiveCampaign and Eventbrite training as well as other in-service workshops if needed. If you will be using Eventbrite, you are also required to complete NC State’s online PCI Merchant training. To do this, you can request for access to the PCI Merchant training online. This make take several weeks after you request it.
- Familiarize yourself with NC State’s NC State’s Social Media Best Practices and think about how you might use social media to reach your extension audiences.
- Check out extension’s content and issue portals and subscribe to our websites’ news by email.
- Familiarize yourself with the Intranet. This is where you can read and post internal information for NCCE.
- Subscribe to the Announce mailing list if you want to be in the informal loop. This list is used by employees to share information about weddings, births, retirements, deaths, etc. of interest to extension employees. (managed by subscription). Instructions for this list and others are listed here.
- Get to know your technology help resources:
- Computer Contacts – Computer Contacts can help you with many technology related questions or direct you to the appropriate source of additional help.
- EIT Help Desk – The EIT Help Desk provides information and computer support for Extension Information Technology supported hardware and software.
- County IT – If you are in a county that receives IT support from your local county IT group, you should contact them for any questions specific to your equipment or county provided software.
- Extension Information Technology (EIT) – Extension Information Technology maintains a collection of IT factsheets, links and news in EIT’s website.