When to Use a Majordomo List?
The article (https://www.google.com/support/a/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=166852) lists several suggestions to get past email sending limits.
If you are sending a mailing to more that 100 individuals, the best practice recommendations are:
Recommend a Majordomo list when:
- The list is to be used somewhat regularly (not a one-time thing)
- The membership is fairly stable… doesn’t completely change with each message
- The list has a recognizable purpose
- The list is large enough for creating a list to make sense… more than a few of people
- The list is over 100 people
Recommend using Gmail web interface or multiple separate mailings when:
- Sending out a one-time mailing to a group between 100 and 500