Skip to main content

NC State Extension

Name Changes and Account IDs

en Español

El inglés es el idioma de control de esta página. En la medida en que haya algún conflicto entre la traducción al inglés y la traducción, el inglés prevalece.

Al hacer clic en el enlace de traducción se activa un servicio de traducción gratuito para convertir la página al español. Al igual que con cualquier traducción por Internet, la conversión no es sensible al contexto y puede que no traduzca el texto en su significado original. NC State Extension no garantiza la exactitud del texto traducido. Por favor, tenga en cuenta que algunas aplicaciones y/o servicios pueden no funcionar como se espera cuando se traducen.

English is the controlling language of this page. To the extent there is any conflict between the English text and the translation, English controls.

Clicking on the translation link activates a free translation service to convert the page to Spanish. As with any Internet translation, the conversion is not context-sensitive and may not translate the text to its original meaning. NC State Extension does not guarantee the accuracy of the translated text. Please note that some applications and/or services may not function as expected when translated.

Collapse ▲

If your name changes while you are employed by NC State, you should change your PeopleSoft records. This process must be done in sequence and usually takes several weeks.

Step 1: Changing PeopleSoft Records

A personal data request must be submitted in Peoplesoft. Campus-based personnel should consult a departmental administrative assistant for help in this matter. Extension personnel should tell their county administrator or county administrative assistant (normally send a letter listing old name and new name including middle initial). A copy of the social security card showing the new name must be mailed with the request. NOTE: Do not email your social security number or a scan of your card. This is then forwarded to the District Directors who then do the Peoplesoft action. The approved action is forwarded to CALS Personnel. If the letter is sent to the District Directors in the first week of the month it should be approved by the end of the month.

Step 2: Changing Unity IDs

You cannot change your Unity ID.

Written By

Janyne Kizer, N.C. Cooperative ExtensionJanyne KizerTechnology Support Specialist Call Janyne Email Janyne Extension Information Technology
NC State Extension, NC State University
Page Last Updated: 8 years ago
Was the information on this page helpful? Yes check No close