Year-End IT and One-Stop Shop Update Sessions Scheduled
The approaching end of 2020 brings with it a number of IT and reporting-related tasks for County Extension employees, plus some new opportunities you’ll want to hear about. We’ve scheduled four opportunities to meet with staff from EIT along with Evaluation & Accountability Coordinator Meredith Weinstein to cover these details so that you’re well prepared for the new year.
Topics to Be Covered
- County website content must be refreshed or retired every 5 years. We will review the WordPress Old Content report and cover the steps you must take to update and preserve old content that still has value.
- All Extension Eventbrite users are required to complete 2021 PCI Merchant Security training by January 31, 2021. NC State Merchant Services is in the process of sending notifications to employees who had 2020 PCI certification. We will review how to access the online training, how to upload your PCI training certificate of completion into your employee database record, and how to request 2021 PCI training, if you weren’t certified in 2020. We’ll also cover what will happen in Extension’s Eventbrite if you fail to meet the 2021 PCI deadline.
- Employees using EIT-managed Macs must upgrade to Microsoft Office 2019. We will go over the steps to install that upgrade and others.
- NC State’s Computer Use Regulation requires us to keep our computer software and hardware up to date. We’ll cover upcoming requirements you need to prepare for. We’ll also provide the dates to keep in mind regarding the next statewide Mac lease opportunity and considerations for your 2021/2022 budgets.
- Have you heard that the One Stop Shop will be replaced in 2021? We’ll cover the big changes you can expect next year.
- Are you pursuing Title Promotion before 2023? Do you need records of your in-service activities? The ‘OLD XLMS’ in-service activity reports will be permanently removed on 1/31/21. We’ll tell you how to save your pre-2018 activity reports before the old report system is retired.
- We’re moving to ActiveCampaign, a customer relationship management system for Extension! We provide a quick preview of ActiveCampaign and go over its benefits. This one integrated system will replace Constant Contact and Contacts in 2021 and will also integrate with Eventbrite. If you use Constant Contact and/or our old Contacts application in your office, we’ll also show you what you’ll need to do to prepare for the launch.
That sounds like a lot, but we have a plan. Register in XLMS.
We’re offering four sessions to choose from:
- Thursday, December 17 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 18 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 5 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, January 11 from 1 to 2:30 p.m.
We hope you’ll plan to join us for one of these updates!