Gmail Confidential Mode Now Available
You can now send email confidentially through your NC State University Gmail account!
This functionality allows you to:
- Set an expiration date for an individual email
- Require a recipient to input an access code to view an email
- Disable the forward, copy, print, and download options for an email’s content
How to Enable Confidential Mode in Gmail
- Compose a new email message.
- In the bottom menu of the Compose window, select Turn confidential mode on/off.
- In the Confidential Mode window, you can use the SET EXPIRATION and REQUIRE PASSCODE options for your email message.
NOTE: If you select “No SMS passcode,” Gmail recipients will be able to open the message directly. Non-Gmail users will be required to enter a passcode sent separately to their email address.
If you select “SMS passcode,” all recipients will be required to enter a passcode to view the email message. You will need to enter a mobile phone number for each recipient to receive the authentication code via SMS.
- Once complete, click Save.
For more information, including what can and cannot be sent using this new functionality, please see the NC State University OIT page.