Three Part Series on Producing Quality Webinars
Lessons Learned from the eXtension Trenches
Learn what’s required to produce high quality, repurposable webinar learning experiences. A group of veteran presenters with several years of extension experience developed this series. Their experience includes many platforms in different settings, including live streaming from conference sites. Join them as they share lessons learned and offer advice for making the most of your webinars.
- October 26 at 2 pm EDT: “The Best of the Best Webinar Logistics” Presenters include Alice Formiga, Coral Owens, Leslie Johnson, Jen Chilek and Jill Heemstra. This presentation will cover important tasks to consider and how different platforms change the way those are accomplished; alternative streaming options; saving time in production; and archiving discoverable recordings. For more information and to save this date to your calendar, visit https://learn.extension.org/events/2859
- November 15 – 2 pm EDT: “Planning and Executing Quality Learning Experiences via Webinar” Presenters include Brigitte Scott, Karen Jeanette, Alice Formiga and Leslie Johnson. This presentation will cover working with presenters and using adult learning techniques to increase learner engagement; messaging around the webinar topic on social media, blogs (etc.); creating web content or educational modules; and managing continuing education credits and requests. For more information and to save this date to your calendar, visit https://learn.extension.org/events/2860
- December 7 – 2 pm EDT: “Using Analytics to Report Impact and Improve Future Webinar Offerings” Presenters include Brigitte Scott, Karen Jeanette, Alice Formiga and Leslie Johnson. This concluding presentation in the webinar series will cover getting to know your audience; helping presenters focus their presentation to that audience and preparing for commonly asked questions; ensuring presentations are engaging in the webinar environment; getting analytics, sharing them with presenters, and using them in year-end reports and funding proposals. For more information and to save this date to your calendar, visit https://learn.extension.org/events/2861
About the presenters:
- Jen Chilek – Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service, Military Families Learning Network and Network Literacy Community of Practices
- Alice Formiga – Oregon State University
- Jill Heemstra – University of Nebraska and eXtension
- Karen Jeanette – Military Families Learning Network and Network Literacy Community of Practices
- Leslie Johnson – University of Nebraska, Northeast Research and Extension Center
- Coral Owens – University of Illinois and Chez Family Foundation Center for Wounded Veterans in Higher Education
- Brigitte Scott – Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
Was the information on this page helpful?
This page can also be accessed from: go.ncsu.edu/readext?431306